The Tourist Complex Marco das Americas, built by the Tri Border Landmark and in the future, the “Espaço das Americas” and a host of new attractions, opened its doors to tourists and residents of Foz do Iguaçu in late December.
Opened in 1903, is one of the main historical sites of the city of Foz do Iguaçu, where are the Iguaçu and Paraná rivers, but more than that, the Marco of the Three Brazilian borders can be seen two others, one in Ciudad del Este and another in Puerto Iguazú, and are characterized by the colors of the flag of each country.
The project Marco das Americas celebrates the convergence of different cultures and peoples through a simple tribute to the advent of the Jesuit Missions in the Americas, essential historical fact for understanding the socio-political and geographical arrangement of the southern mainland provinces and the launch of foundations of Latin American society.
The visitor now can contemplate the boundaries of countries in a safe and pleasant environment. Visitors will receive a basic infrastructure integrated with nature, with parking, visitor center, shop, pub Cabeza de Vaca and many improvements, such as: security, access, landscaping and public attendance services.
The attraction opens every day from 10:30 am to 08:00 pm.
This post is also available in: Portuguese (Brazil)